v1.11(30. June 20)
- added some additional secret saving stuff
v1.1(29. June 20) - save! (might be an unstable build)
- finally implemented a saving!! aside from not repeating some intro texts, there are only two save functions right now: a certain flower and whenever you surrender, you leave an afterimage.
- some changes to shorten the code.
- beating heart sound which leads you down a certain path.
v1.0(25. June 20) - release
- remade controls/ restarting
- changes to nearly every room, tons of new doors and connections.
- updated the "UI", the visuals of signs and chests
- two new endings, one of them a "secret" ending that is also the "real" ending and very hard to get. with an astronomically low chance you can find it by accident, otherwise you need to put together a lot of puzzle pieces scattered throughout the game.
- biggest update: implemented different "paths" which all intersect and greatly influence every aspect of the game. there are currently 4 major paths: greed, destruction, corruption, restlessness
- overhauled the sound, e.g. there are 6+ different sounds for footsteps
- added critters
v0.4(17. June 20) - losing / desert changes:
I wanted to keep working on a new version but here is an early update
- remake of "losing" with new lines, now you can keep playing but the game will increasingly glitch out until you restart.
- the desert area is now "endless" and requires careful navigation
- 1 new room
- randomized keys and starting points
- added 1 secret event
The next update will overhaul the entire game and the gameplay and the world will change massively according to your decisions and playstyle.
v0.3 (10. June 20) - story overhaul:
- remakes/additions of 60+ texts
->because of the original gamejam theme "trust no one" many texts were funny/meme-y. Working further on the game I wanted to leave the constraints of the jam. Like the sprites I wanted the texts to be more coherent and form an overarching plot. The later texts also show the thoughts of the main character.
v0.2.1 (9. June 20):
- remakes of all flower, trap, hidden door, keys and chest sprites
v0.2 (8. June 20):
- remakes of all player and human sprites
- remakes of many sprites like keys and signs
- added three particle effects: sand trail, smoke and noise
- new flower interaction
- more than a dozen completely new sprites, e.g. water lilies and blood rocks
- adjustments to every room
- complete sound and music overhaul
- complete remakes of 6+ rooms
v0.1 (1. June 20)
game jams themes: "trust no one" and "opposites"
This is my first PICO-8 project and I learned a lot by looking at other peoples cartridges.
So I'd like to thank
- Dylan Bennett
- Sophie Houlden
- Gruber and Robby Duguay for three songs!
and many more.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.